Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Wednesday's Word

RESPECT: to esteem or honor.

Couldn't you hear it roll off your tongue, just the way Aretha Franklin sang it? RES-PECT...just a little bit!

Last week my boss' assistant was on vacation. You're now saying, "so what?" Well, I work in a very small office; my boss (the owner), his assistant (who basically does everything), and two college interns. So the assistant takes the week off, my boss' calendar reads "out all week", and there I was with the entire business on my shoulders (slight exaggeration). To make a very long story short I got to do the assistants job which is much harder than I previously thought.

A word of wisdom: If you don't respect a position, job, title, or status then you should place yourself in the shoes of the one you don't respect. Let's just say that I have a new found respect.

2 comments:

  1. you are so right! the responsibility that our bosses have is much more than we imagine it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for the link. THat is fun. I don't know how to add links otherwise you would be on there. but THis blog was good. I remember you telling me about this day.

    ReplyDelete